Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It was a first for me.......

Have you ever been rejected from attending a church conference?? Well me neither, until tonight! There was a big LDS Church and Scouting relationships conference at the SL tabernacle tonight and I don't think they were anticipating quite the crowd that showed up. After searching for parking, I finally entered Temple Square gates about 5 minutes before the start time to find the doors shut and a line of people outside. After a bunch of hemming and hawing and shuffling to the assembly hall for overflow attempts, we finally had an usher come in and tell us that because they weren't planning on it they couldn't get audio/video in the assembly hall and there was no room in the tabernacle so we could all just go home. If I were to guess I would say there were a couple hundred of us sent home. Crazy huh!

So, I enjoyed a nice visit to the visitors center. It's been a long time since I've had the chance to go sit next to the Christus Statue and just feel the spirit that is there. It was a great chance for me to sit and read my scriptures and ponder all that the Savior has done for me in my life. I know that is something that I need to do more of.

Being turned away was a new experience for me but this was definitely not a wasted trip. I am so grateful for it!

No comments: