Wednesday, October 17, 2007

4 month old Dr. appointment

Zaylee had to visit the doctor today and she was such a good girl!! They didn't give me a growth chart so I am going off my memory. Her weight: 14.01 lbs (64th percentile). Her Height: 24.5 inches (63rd percentile). Head Circumference: 15 cm? (29th percentile). Dr. Hoggard said that she is looking really good and healthy. The dry skin behind her ear is eczema and to just put hydrocortisone on it and it should clear it up. Other than that, we can put lotions on it (he recommends 'for really dry skin' types) as long as we make sure it's dry first. He said that she has great head control and is really strong. He said that she will be up and going before we know it! He said that she still has a bit of an umbilical hernia but that it should go away.

As for her shots, she hated it! They had to do three shots this time because she got her tetanus shot as well. She looked up at me with a look of confusion and then just started screaming!!! Fortunately, this time she calmed down a bit quicker and just had big old crocodile tears on her cheeks when we went to set up her next appointment. I gave her some Tylenol and have been massaging her legs and she's been fine. She acts like they are a little sensitive but not too bad. She's sleeping now.

Everyone at the doctor's office LOVED her! The people in the waiting room, the office staff, the nurses, and even Dr. Hoggard. They all think she is absolutely adorable and one of the ladies even told me that I need to enter her into a baby contest! Funny huh! The secretary asked to hold her and took her back behind the desk where everyone jumped up to start pinching her cheeks and squeezing her chubby legs. She was the life of the party!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole and Alex,

She's so cute and getting so big. I hope you had a good time on your vacation. We need to make it down to Salt Lake and visit everyone. Maybe once things settle down and Nate gets moved next week we'll plan a trip down.

Love ya,
Heather

Steph said...

You are pretty lucky! Cindy said Hannah was SO grumpy and cried all day after her appt. She said the shots made her really really grumpy! They are almost the same size! I think Hannah was 13 lbs. 13 oz. and 24 in. long! I think that the head circumference must be inches though because my kids had little heads and they were like 30 cm when they were born. 15 in. is still only like 38 cm which is still a lot smaller than my kids heads were at 4 months! I found a site that I printed out growth charts for Sammy and Andrew they have girls and boys one from 0-36 months then one from 2-10 years. You could just put a dot or star on it for each appt. she has and track her growth! http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/growthcharts/

Love ya!! I miss you! come back!

Steph said...

The second chart is from 2-20 years I mean!