Saturday, June 27, 2009

Donutfalls

Today Alex, Zaylee and I decided it would be fun to go hiking. I heard from my co-workers a while back about this cool hike just up Big Cottonwood Canyon so off we went. Zaylee fell asleep on the way up so we ended up carrying her for most of the way up but she did a great job on the way back. She loved all of the rocks that were in the path and she tried to make sure she stepped on every one of them. "I go up on the rock!" It was great! You know, I am a really bad photographer...I just realized that I didn't even get a picture of her doing it. But, here are the pictures that I did take:

This is heading up the trail. The water was traveling so fast...it kinda freaked me out to have Zaylee that close.....


This is as close as we were able to get to the falls. (Click here to see what the falls supposedly look like...) The water is still pretty high. Where the log crosses the river is where you are supposed to be able to cross to get up the actual fall. Some people were brave enough to try, but not me!


But of course, Zaylee still wanted to go into the "wawa" so we braved it and she loved it. However as you can tell in the last couple of shots, she wasn't satisfied with just being held or sitting there, she wanted in!!





These are a couple of scenes from the trail that I thought were cool. (There were a lot of chipmunks on the trail and I tried to get a shot when they would pose, but they were camera shy and as soon as I took the picture they would run so, none of the blurry shots were saved...)



And last but not least, I was able to get Zaylee to pose for one shot:


Overall, it was a fun hike and I would do it again...next time though when I can actually get up close enough to the falls to see them!

3 comments:

Saddie said...

That looks like so much fun! We need to go hiking next time we're up or you're down. Just think of all the mischief Tomy and Zales could get into together. :o)

Steph said...

So fun! I wanna go!!

The Heaton's said...

What a beautiful hike! Love nature!