Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Okay, sadly enough I didn't even get any pictures of the actual Thanksgiving festivities but we sure had fun! Thanks to all of the Heaton family that worked to put together such a great weekend. Alex told me that the final count ended up being 75. That still just blows my mind. It's great to see so much family though and try to figure out who everyone is and who they belong to--especially all the kids! (Yes, I will admit, I am still having a rough time with that!!) =) It's always fun to go south and get to see both sides of the family for all of the holidays; we are so blessed to live so close to everyone. We love you all! Anyway, here are a few of the pictures that I did end up taking.

Zaylee and Alex posing for the camera.

Zaylee sick of posing for the camera (I just had to include this one because I thought it was a great showing of her wonderful tantrums when she isn't getting her way) =)

One of Grandma Gubler's 3 amazing Christmas trees.

Helping Grandma figure out how to work the camera

Zaylee loved Grandpa Gubler this time. She got to go on numerous drives with him, play with him, and she even convinced him to watch Mary Poppins on Sunday morning instead of football--amazing little girl I tell you! =)

We decided on Friday night to go with my mom, Steph, and Andrew to see the lighting of the Christmas lights at the St. George Temple. I had never gone before and thought that it was a great experience to be there. I was sad that none of the pictures that I took ended up turning out but this one seemed post worthy.

Nativity in front of the temple

The statue of Christ in the vistors center

8 comments:

Saddie said...

I'm lovin' the new background! Though, not as much as I loved havin' you down for Thanksgiving. It's always nice having Alex around to entertain Levi - even if they do get loud :), Zaylee to entertain Tomas, and you to entertain me with real conversation. It's definitely something worth being thankful for! See ya at Christmas!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe how big Zaylee is getting.

Steph said...

I think that picture of the temple turned out awesome!! I never seem to remember to take my camera anywhere. That is why my last post is still from a month ago! I'm slackin! Still no where near done with the book either. I'm tending nieces tonight :)

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

Cute pictures. I love your new background too! Hope you all are well!

Jared & Shannon said...

I am so glad you found my blog! I am going to add you to my list I hope that is ok. It is so fun to keep in touch with people I haven't seen forever. Your little girl is adorable!!!

rayndrop said...

I like the new background too. The picture and story about Zaylee and grandpa watching Mary Poppins is too cute. We love seeing little bits of your life.

Amy said...

Cute pictures!! Zaylee is SO cute!! Just thought I'd let you know the abc books were easy!! Time consuming and a little difficult to come up with something for every letter, but easy:)
Love ya! Merry Christmas!

rebecca said...

hey nicole. I found out you are friends with Summer Derrick. She is in my ward. It's a small world.
Cute blog.